Paheli - SRK = a beautiful movie
thats math for you..... I meant Paheli minus SRK equals a beautiful movie.....oh well may be as a producer he was needed....not as an actor!He has spoilt the beauty of the movie...
Kudos to Amol palekar for taking up a simple folklore to the silverscreen.a simple beautiful fairytale,shot fantastically,nice dialogues,pleasantly colourful frames,glimpses of humor inbetween....barring some songs(yeah...a few too many and out of context and unnecessary).
the dialect,costumes,setting everything takes u to the period(dunno when :D) which it belonged.... everything.... except SRK.he stands out in each frame.... but alas... spoils it. He is the superstar carrying the same expressions....main hoon na....kal ho na ho,KKHH,DDLJ....etc etc.Man.... we(atleast I) need a break from this guy.he was the perfect spoiler in this movie.I guess he is better off doing his usual stuff.... the savior man, the samaritan with a huge heart and wizardry.
But I pity Amol Palekar,I guess he had no choice but to cast him...after all he is the producer(Gauri khan to be politically correct)!
when everything is set to that date,that environment....and reiterate...they have taken fairly minute details.... but for Mr SRK's hairstyle.yeah! he doesnt look one bit before 2000AD. it might seem like 1 am pinpointing needless details....u ll know how gravely it is out of context.
the first part(about 10 mins....sans the songs) where he is the obedient son of a baniya he hams or overacts....(trying to play a character). this is somewhat...just somewhat watchable.
and then comes the tragedy(no he doesnt die....unfortunately...though he is the Bhoot).... he changes into this flamboyant SRK...the characters are dead...down the drain.
all the efforts of the other actors,director and other crew go totally waste.Rani is good...though there was a hint of she losing the character as well...at some places.but overall she is good.and so are the rest...and I am not talking about just the actors...
and now coming to the audience..........
some of them actually deserve SRK in the movie! yea.... they come out of movie hall and yap about unrealistic story.... how can ghosts fall in love,have kids blah blah blah..........they dont know why the movie was horrible.I ll tell u....its coz of SRK....that too in double role! (oh so its Paheli - 2*SRK = a classic movie)
but Sixth Sense,Harry Potter,Matrix are all 'brilliant masterpieces'!!! HUH!!!!!!!!
its a folktale... what else do u expect....enjoy the simplicity and beauty of a folklore.
Its a movie....enjoy the unrealistic,fantasy world.enjoy the creativity.enjoy the mind and dream of a director or any artist.
So...heres kudos n cheers to Amol Palekar's future ventures with better producers( and in turn better actors)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home